1/24/11

Introducing: Sammy Bananas


Hot Brooklyn-based DJ Sammy Bananas is gracing the DC Metro area with his presence this Friday at DC9. I expected big things when I heard resident wonder boy Gavin Holland would be introducing him, but some things are bigger than others. And I'm not talking about his bananas. I'm talking about his beats. My current favorite:

Sammy Bananas - Ladies by Sammybananas

You know I can't say no to the ladies. Or a really smooth production of old school jams meeting modern electronics.

I also always thought this approach should be taken to Jay-Z's "Girls Girls Girls" and Snoop Dogg and Pharell's "Beautiful". Just imagine it "girls, girls, girls, girls, girls I do adore/Beautifuuuuuul/girls, girls, girls, girls I do adore." OK, that's my piece.

Hope to see you kids at DC9 sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment